Retiree Association Support Program (RAPS)
Purpose and Criteria:
To support new initiatives, projects, and activities of the CUCRA member associations that are for the common benefit and are not covered by normal operating expenses. The intent of the program is to support projects that benefit campus/lab/OP retirees or their associations, and/or support new initiatives a retiree association would like to undertake for the benefit of UC and/or the retirees of the requesting organization.
- A total of $5,000 will be budgeted each year to fund this program pending the financial health of CUCRA and consideration of changing financial priorities.
- A maximum of $1500 may be requested for program suport.
- Proposals may be funded in an amount less than that requested.
- The RAPS program follows a fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
Review Committee Membership
The committee will consist of three members, one being the Vice Chair of CUCRA who will act as Chair of the committee. The Chair will appoint the two other members, at least one being a non-CUCRA officer. To prevent any conflict of interest, the Chair (i.e., Vice Chair of CUCRA) will relinquish his/her role to another CUCRA officer if the Chair's association submits a proposal. Also, the other two other members will relinquish their role if their association submits a proposal.
- A member association may submit only one request for program support per fiscal year. Support will not be awarded to to a member association in two consecutive years.
- The project for which funding is provided must be completed within eighteen months.
- Deadline for proposals for upcoming year: June 1.
- Proposals submitted via email to the Vice Chair of CUCRA
- Proposals forwarded to Review Committee
- Recommendation on approval/denial and level of funding made to CUCRA Executive Committee by June 30.
- Decision by Executive Committee no later than July 31.
- Associations with successful proposals are notified in August with arrangements for receipt of funding to be made with the Treasurer. Associations whose proposals were not funded are also notified in August.
- Announcement of projects funded at fall meeting.
- Written report submitted to CUCRA within 60 days of project completion but no later than the second spring meeting following awarding of the program support. The report must include a summary statement of how the money was spent.
- Word document and pdf submitted via email
- Contact information (name, email, phone number) and campus/lab/OP affiliation
- Brief description of the project for which the funds are requested; how it meets the criteria; how it will benefit retirees/retiree association.
- Amount requested.
(Updated April 2016)