COUNCIL OF UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RETIREE ASSOCIATIONS
1. There shall be two Council meetings annually, alternating North and South, in fall and spring. The meeting dates and locations will be established at the earliest opportunity by the Executive Committee in consultation with member Associations and CUCEA's leadership.
2. In cooperation with CUCEA, a joint meeting of the two Councils with representatives of the Office of the President shall be planned in conjunction with the semi-annual Council meetings.
3. The host Association shall provide the meeting room, and luncheon arrangements, and assist with hotel recommendations and transportation for Council members, as may be required. The host Association may, at its discretion, assess a registration fee to assist with the necessary expenses.
4. The Chair may call additional meetings, including telephone conference calls and electronic forums, as necessary or required to transact business and expedite action on urgent matters.
5. Annual membership dues are based on the total number of retirees per location (a universal representation model), as CUCRA represents all retirees of the University of California.
A. Annual membership dues for each retirement association shall be determined by the tier into which the association falls. The “tiers” reflect the total count of retirees by location, as provided by the UC Office of the President, Retirement Administration Service Center. The “numbers” are provided to the Chair of the Council in January of each year, based on the retiree count as of October 31st of the preceding year. There will be three tiers, as follows:
Group 1: 6,000 and above
Group 2: 3,000 - 5,999
Group 3: 1 - 2,999
B. The Treasurer shall develop an annual dues schedule (the amount paid by associations in each tier) as part of the budget process along with projecting a multiple year dues schedule to allow financial planning by member associations. A review of the upcoming year's dues schedule and multi-year plan will be part of the budget discussion and approval at the fall meeting
C. Each retiree association shall be billed annually in accordance with Article VI, Paragraph A of the Bylaws. An invoice indicating the dues amount will be sent from the Council’s Treasurer to the retiree associations by January 31st of each year.
D. If any retiree association’s dues are delinquent by the spring meeting, the Treasurer shall advise the Chair, and the retiree association’s representative(s) will not be eligible to vote.
E. The Council will provide relief to a retiree association not able to meet an annual dues payment. Reasons could include a retiree association that does not impose dues itself or a retiree association that does not generate enough dues to cover payment to the Council.
6. A copy of the Bylaws and Standing Rules shall be distributed to each Association, Council Representative and Alternate, and to CUCEA.
7. The Standing Rules may be suspended by a majority vote, or may be amended or rescinded by a two-thirds vote of the Council, provided a quorum is present. If previous notice is given, they may be amended or rescinded by a majority vote, provided a quorum is present.
8. One half (50%) of the Joint Benefits Committee Chair's expenses to attend meetings of the Council, whether or not they are conducted jointly with CUCEA, and the UCRS Advisory Board shall be reimbursed by the Council.
9. In accordance with Article IV, Section A. of the Bylaws, officers shall be elected at the Council's fall meeting. The term of office begins January 1 of the year following election.
The Council of University of California Retiree Associations hereby amends these Standing
originally adopted on April 17, 2008
Amended October 31, 2012
Amended April 30, 2015
Amended October 25, 2017.
Marianne Schnaubelt, Chair
Gail Harden, Secretary