COUNCIL OF UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RETIREE ASSOCIATIONS
1. There shall be two Council meetings annually, alternating North and South, in fall and spring. The meeting dates and locations will be established at the earliest opportunity by the Executive Committee in consultation with member Associations and CUCEA's leadership.
2. In cooperation with CUCEA, a joint meeting of the two Councils with representatives of the Office of the President shall be planned in conjunction with the semi-annual Council meetings.
3. The host Association shall provide the meeting room, and luncheon arrangements, and assist with hotel recommendations and transportation for Council members, as may be required. The host Association may, at its discretion, assess a registration fee to assist with the necessary expenses.
4. The Chair may call additional meetings, including telephone conference calls and electronic forums, as necessary or required to transact business and expedite action on urgent matters.
5. Council's annual membership dues are fifty cents ($.50) per dues-paying member in each Association, up to a maximum of 1000 members. Each Association will be billed annually in accordance with Article VI, Paragraph A. of the Bylaws. When an Association does not impose dues, the Council will determine an appropriate amount to be paid. If any member Association's dues are delinquent by the spring meeting, that Association's representative will not be eligible to vote and the Treasurer shall so advise the Chair. (Note: For several years dues were raised to one dollar ($1.00) per member, and were reduced back to fifty cents ($.50) when warranted by the Council's treasury.)
6. A copy of the Bylaws and Standing Rules shall be distributed to each Association, Council Representative and Alternate, and to CUCEA.
7. The Standing Rules may be suspended by a majority vote, or may be amended or rescinded by a two-thirds vote of the Council, provided a quorum is present. If previous notice is given, they may be amended or rescinded by a majority vote, provided a quorum is present.
8. One half (50%) of the Joint Benefits Committee Chair's expenses to attend meetings of the Council, whether or not they are conducted jointly with CUCEA, and the UCRS Advisory Board shall be reimbursed by the Council.
9. In accordance with Article IV, Section A. of the Bylaws, officers shall be elected at the Council's fall meeting. The term of office begins January 1 of the year following election.
The Council of University of California Retiree Associations hereby amends these Standing
Rules, originally adopted on April 17, 2008.
Amended October 31, 2012
Amended April 30, 2015
Lee Duffus, Chair
John Pitts, Secretary